- Haynes Stein, A., & Brinkley, C. (2023). Farm to Food Bank: Exploring the Ties between Local Food Producers and Charitable Food Assistance. Rural Sociology, 88(3), 682–707.
- Haynes Stein, A. (2022). Barriers to Access: The Unencumbered Client in Private Food Assistance. Social Currents, 10(3), 207–224.
- Sánchez Barba, M., Taggueg, R., & Haynes Stein, S. (2018). Public Scholarship in a Time of Crisis: A Reflection. Public: A Journal of Imagining America, 5.
- Stein, S. (2016). Power Play at the United Nations: The Effects of Added Stakeholders in the Committee on World Food Security. Pursuit, 7, 199–207.
- De La Cruz Santana, L., & Haynes Stein, A. (2022). Navigating the Joys and Challenges of Public Scholarship in Graduate School: An Imagining America Research Report [Report]. Imagining America and the Mellon Foundation.